These Creative Graduation Cap Ideas Will Simply Blow You Away
Who knew spring semester seniors could be so innovative?
From the moment they receive that fateful acceptance letter to college, to the day they’re gearing up for senior pictures, every freshman dreams of their graduation day.
One way to commemorate a journey of such massive academic progress, extracurricular activity, and overall exhaustion (aside from coming up with the perfect graduation outfit) is to put some time into a cool graduation cap decoration, transforming it from a basic ceremonial piece to a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.
Whether custom-made for purchase or built from scratch by the wearer herself, the following graduation cap ideas are striking and ingenious. See if you can glean some major #grad inspiration from our favorite Instagram examples below!
1. The cap that’s got it all
When the first cap is this good, you know it’s only going to get better from here on down.
2. This wanderlust sign
Featuring a quote by American novelist Jack Kerouac, Adeline’s design truly stands out with its impeccable calligraphy.
3. This rhyming, truth-telling Dr. Seuss cap
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
4. This cap that tells it like it is
Paws down, I think @toshi_the_shiba’s cap is the best Shiba Inu cap I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen my share of good boy accessories.
5. This custom-made acrylic design
Anyone else start humming the song as soon as they spotted the Pinocchio lyrics?
6. This motivational masterpiece
Again, hand lettering takes the stage with you as you prepare for a world of exciting possibilities after college.
7. This cap that screams #BlackGirlMagic
Can we admire some of that extraordinary #BlackGirlMagic just by appreciating this graduation cap decoration?
Yes, yes we can.
9. The next in a long series of travel-oriented grad caps
When travel is your ultimate passion, you just want the world to know it.
10. This appreciative and bilingual sentiment
Sometimes, graduation caps are the best way to show your loved ones how grateful you are for their support throughout college.
(In Spanish: “Thank you for planting a seed. Thanks, mom and grandma.”)
11. This roaring 3D dinosaur cap
We have an inkling Ross would never take a break from wearing this nerdy grad cap.
12. This handwritten statement cap
When you treat your graduation cap like a canvas, beautiful things happen. This is such an example.
13. This cap that’s, quite frankly, hilarious
Self-confidence + Taco Bell = one superb grad cap.
14. This intricate DIY design
Who said pre-health majors couldn’t be creative?
15. This lovely “Alice in Wonderland” creation
“But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”
Sounds like college to me!
16. This on-brand reference to a 2013 Britney Spears hit
She wasn’t wrong, you know.
17. This Belle-inspired work of art
Perfect for theater majors, English grads, or just regular Disney enthusiasts, this graduation cap inspires wanderlust and VHS nostalgia.
18. The sweetest cap you’ll ever see
This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine…
19. This punny Hello Kitty drawing
20. This Michael Scott masterwork
If The Office is what got you through four years of examinations and essays, you might want to consider paying homage to its star character come graduation time.
21. This absolutely precious cap
Sometimes, you can say so much by writing so little.
22. This beautiful collection of makeup products
Or should we say beauty-full?
23. This brush script grad cap topper
When adventure is out there, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
24. This cap reserved for 21-year-olds and up
The background print is inspired by Lilly Pulitzer, but the rest is all Chardonnay.
25. The last on our list
Seniors, are you excited to walk at graduation? Have you already made progress on your cap? Are you open to sharing a pic or two?
Comment below with an image of your DIY graduation cap. We want to see how creative our very own CF readers can be!